Sunday, March 16, 2014

When I'm 102...

Good evening! Or good morning!  Or good afternoon!

I really have been horrible at updating this blog.  But I'm not too worried about it.  The way I figure, there are more important things than updating a blog, and if I've been doing those things, it's okay. 

This weekend, I was able to go down to Utah to attend the baptism of my cousin!  She was so pretty in her white dress and so excited to get baptized.  She had so much support too!  I loved being there, and being around family.  I always love to go home to see my brothers.  I love how they love you!  Right when I got home, the boys ran up to me and gave me big hugs, "AMBER!!!!" they shouted!  Ah, man.  Love.  It feels so good.

I got tons of great food while I was down in Utah as well.  My mom made homemade chicken noodle soup with these heavenly garlic breadsticks.  Oh man... my mouth is watering just thinking about this stuff!  And then we had sandwiches at Enos and Julie's house.  Meatballs, cheese, yummy bread.  They even had artichoke dip!  And strawberries!  And pineapple!  Yum... You know you are a college student when free food is the high-light of your weekend.  I pretty much enlarged my stomach eight times... and tomorrow I'm going to probably be abnormally hungry... Oh well...

Nephi and Katherine gave me a ride down to Utah and my dad came and picked me up at about Bountiful.  then we went back North to pick up some chain-link fence materials, my dad was hauling a huge long trailer with the big yellow Ford we have.  So we get to this guy's house, and he comes out - he's quite the character, long beard, tattoos everywhere, cigarette... and he immediately said, 'you guy's have got a trailer from h.e.(double hockey sticks)!' haha... oh man... I like this guy.  I also feel bad for him.  He dropped the F bomb like 8 times while we were there.  Dad backed in the trailer and I helped them haul the long poles and the rolls of chain-link onto the trailer.  It was good to work with my hands.  I love being outdoors and working with my hands and using my back.  I think I get that from working on the ropes course and helping my dad all growing up.  Oh man, so fun.  Then this guy's mom comes outside, I mean this guy is probably in his 30's so his mom is a grandma, but she's not ancient or anything... Anyways, I start talking to her and felt prompted to just talk about the church with her.  So I got around to asking if she was Mormon, and by the end of our conversation, I gave her a big hug, and told her she ought to go back to church sometime, that it would help her grandchildren.  It was such a fun experience!  I got so giddy!  I want to be a missionary!!! ALL THE TIME!  And man, she took it so kindly and agreed with me and... you know you are always worried about if they are going to be mad at you or something, but it just went fine!

Another crazy experience this week was when I met these two older men in the temple who are just characters! And the one is 102 years OLD!  He gave me his business card, invited me to his birthday party in May out in Star Valley, Wyoming... and asked if I'd like to go four wheeling sometime... WHAT!  :) haha... so cool.

I got a job doing free-lance writing recently, and I am praying that God will help me do well so that I can get published.  Man, the adventures.  And I'm hoping to get a job at the ropes course here at BYU-Idaho this Spring and Fall semester.  I would LOVE THAT!  :) :) :)  Oh  pray, pray, pray.  I'm also excited to move to a new place and start a new semester... in like 3 weeks!!  Time flies... 3 weeks is still a long time though, there are some things that need to get done.  Some people that still need to be served!  And some grades that need improving! :)

Among other things, I really need to change my attitude about certain things in my life and I'm looking forward to changing them more this week.  I have a goal to write one song this week... I haven't really written an entire song since I've been back from my mission... it's been really stressful feeling like I can't write, but I've got to just sit down and bust it out, so I'll be praying about that this week... and I'm also going to be studying about how I can think less about myself.  It seems like "selflessness" is a theme I need to improve on... which then I feel like usually comes back around to "self confidence."  I must be doing something wrong, I think you should be able to have self confidence and be selfless at the same time... but I feel like I do a teeter-totter thing - back and forth between the two.  I'm pumped to face the challenge though.  I'm looking forward to conference, to devotional this week, and to the fact that I have nothing planned, at the moment, for this weekend.  I kind of want to keep it that way.  Get some stuff done for a change.  - I'm the type that likes to pack it all in... Go big or go home.  Knowing me, I'll probably end up having a busy weekend again anyways.  And so it goes...

I'm loving Rexburg.  My city with the light upon the hill - the temple!  I just love this city.  :)  I enjoy being here and I feel safe here and... aw man.  Life is good.

Anyways,
I know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is TRUE!  I'm so grateful for a loving Savior who has my back.  I'm grateful for our prophet, Thomas S. Monson.  I'm grateful for friends who remind me who I am and who build me up, and who point me towards more celestial things.

Until next time,
-Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment