Sunday, March 23, 2014

Stoked for General Conference

It's that time of year again, folks!  I'm excited for General Conference!

This week I got to hang out with mission buddies... I'll tell you, it's so fun!  I also got to eat a delicious burger with delicious fries and a raspberry cheesecake shake!  YUM!
 
 I'm stoked for the end of the semester, in terms of classes... not so stoked about other changes coming...but things will be okay and all things shall work together for our good, right?  Right!
 
This is my relief society in the 21st Ward :) yay!
I have been thinking about it lately, how I hope that I can be worthy of more and more promptings as I follow through more and more consistently with promptings I already receive. It's slightly intimidating too, though, because then you really just need to put your mind aside and have the mind of God, the mind of Christ.  It's also awesome, though!

Something I learned this week was that "Sacrifice is ultimately a matter of the heart." from an October 2002 General Conference talk.  It's so true!  I think that when we really are consecrating ourselves and doing what God wants us to do, we are sacrificing our will and doing it because we LOVE Him.  I know that 1 Nephi 3:7 is true, God doesn't give us anything we can't handle... and He WILL guide you, so trust him!
Something funny that happened this week... was when our bishop told a story in church today about how once when he was bishop of his home ward, a little kid came into him all sad like and said that his dog died, the bishop, not thinking ahead, said, 'well, dog gone!' something like that - haha...oh boy...
I got closer to my roommates this week by staying at home for once on the weekend... yep, didn't have any plans Friday OR Saturday night... one of my roommates even commented, 'This is weird to have you home on the weekend, Amber...'  I replied with, 'Yes, it's weird for me too...but good for me... I think...'
 
Ah, fetch!  I just remembered that we didn't take pictures!  Why didn't we take pictures! I was with Elder Szymanski and Siostra Ellis and then with the Lenharts this week and we didn't take any pictures!  Lame.  I promise it happened, though... maybe I can find some other pictures that are sorta fun...to make this blog more interesting:
Kamber and Amber :) driving back to rexburg!

This is my favorite place in Rexburg!  It's HOME! :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment